This Thanksgiving my parents, boyfriend, and I all went to Disney World. Best vacation ever. But I never thought I would do some of the things I did. One of my biggest fears is falls. Falls on all sorts of rides, water, car, roller coaster. On Thursday we all got to Magic Kingdom. I enjoy all those classic rides like The Haunted Mansion, Buzzz, and Pirates (not to brag or anything but I almost got 999,999 on the Buzzz ride, oh yeah). However, my boyfriend likes the other rides. The rides that terrify me. The Mountains (A.K.A. Splash, Thunder, and Space). Now I'm not sure if I wrote this in my advice blog but compromise is an important thing in a relationship, but if I were to tell you it's easy...well I'd be lying. He compromised with me and we came up with this. He'd go on all my childhood rides and skip Thunder and Space Mountain, and I would get all my rides and all I had to do was go on Splash Mountain. I agreed with this since water comforts me. When we walked by it, my anxiety kicked in. I suffer from really bad anxiety. I mean really bad. We got the FastPasses and then went to hang out until it was time to go on the ride. My mom went with us because she loves these kinds of rides and I guess it made me feel better. Waiting in line wasn't so bad since there were pictures of many woodland creatures and I felt a little better. Once I was on the ride the major anxiety kicked in. I was scared for my life. No matter how many times my boyfriend told me to calm down I couldn't. It was like I was in labor. I was telling him how much I hated him and how I can't believe I'm on the ride. This was the anxiety talking of course and he knows this, which is why he couldn't stop laughing. **Warning Splash Mountain Spoiler Ahead** All the drops within the ride itself (in the dark) were no big deal, but when I saw the light (I thought it was heaven, but it was really just the outside drop) I could not control my shaking. I couldn't even hold on to the bar to keep myself safe or anything and the entire drop I didn't even scream because I was in shock. Once the ride was over I almost couldn't get out of the boat. Thinking back, I wish I hadn't freaked out like I had because I didn't get to enjoy the ride and I've learned something from this. If your fears are stopping you from having fun then you just need to face them. I did and I definitely don't regret it. I hope that the next time you have to face your fear, as long as it isn't something truly dangerous, that you go for it; you may never get the chance again.
Because Disney is a prominent theme in this blog here is a Disney themed blonde joke:
During her company's periodic password audit, a blond employee was found to be using this password:
GoofyHueyLouieDeweyDaisyDonaldMickeyMinniePhoenix
When she was asked why she had such a long password, she said, "The boss said that my password had to be at least eight characters long and have at least one capital."
That joke was cute! lol I love your blonde jokes. I am glad you faced your fear, but I don't know if I would have gone on a scary ride. When I was your age I went on all the rides, but now I think about the ways in which the ride could fail to operate correctly and kill people, namely me. I guess I've read too many stories about people being killed on rides.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm happy that you enjoyed your Disney vacation!
I liked the joke. =) I love splash mountain. I hate it though. I am terrified of heights and falling. haha. The first time I went on Splash mountain, i like you, was completely unable to scream due to the level of my fear. I felt like I had died. haha. I still go on that ride today, even though every time I go on it I get the shit scared outa me. And it's nice how they make you think its such a nice ride, with all the nice little creatures. haha
ReplyDeleteThose creatures are misleading. They are there to mock you. And English I think like that too and I came up with a really great scenario that I think you'll like.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. I am completely afraid of heights, and I partly wish someone would push me to go on Splash Mountain, because it looks kind of fun. But, I will have major anxiety like you and I don't know if that is a smart idea. But, congrats on facing your fear! And once again, loved the joke. You are really good at finding great jokes.
ReplyDeleteYou sound just like my mom when my dad forces her onto the rides she hates as well. lol. Blonde joke was hilarious LMAO.
ReplyDeleteNice JOKE! Sooo FUNNY! I love the rides in Magic Kingdom! But if you take me to Dueling Dragons in Universal. NO WAY HOSE!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete