Sunday, November 28, 2010

When You Were Young

When I was young I was attached to my mom. Everywhere she went, I went. Then she started working and to 3 year old me, that wasn't okay. So finally, when I got fed up with her leaving me everyday I decided to do something about it. I took her keys when she wasn't looking and hid them in my toy box. She spent the whole morning freaking out and looking back and forth, up and down the entire house to find her keys. Suddenly she stopped.
"Sarah, where are my keys?"
"I don't know."
Let's just say that I'm a really bad liar. She went into my room and looked through there too. I felt really bad at this point so I pointed to the toy box and told her they were in there. She asked me why I would take her keys. I told her the truth. I told her that I didn't understand why she didn't want to spend time with me anymore. Coming from a 3 year old, let's also just say that she didn't end up going to work that day and I was able to add a few more toys to my toy box ;).

Since a new year is a approaching I thought it would be appropriate for me to show you my to do list:


January - Took new scarf back to store because it was too tight.
February - Fired from pharmacy job for failing to print labels....."duh".....bottles won't fit in typewriter!!!
March - Got excited.....finished jigsaw puzzle in 6 months.....box said "2-4 years!"
April - Trapped on escalator for hours.....power went out!!!
May - Tried to make Kool-Aid.....8 cups of water won't fit into those little packets!!!
June - Tried to go water skiing.....couldn't find a lake with a slope.
July - Lost breast stroke swimming competition.....learned later, other swimmers cheated, they used their arms!!!
August - Got locked out of car in rain storm.....car swamped, because top was down.
September - The capital of California is "C".....isn't it???
October - Hate M & M's.....they are so hard to peel.
November - Baked turkey for 4 1/2 days.....instructions said 1 hour per pound and I weigh 108!!!
December - Couldn't call 9-11....."duh".....there's no "eleven" button on the phone!!!


P.S. Guess the song

2 comments:

  1. The blonde joke is hilarious. I literally laughed out loud. Great blog, and I am glad you told your mom the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blonde joke. haha. Very nice. I liked this blog, and once again, a good thing about it, is that it is something tons of people can relate to. I liked this blog, because I get to wach my four year old brother go through this. He gets so frustrated when my mom and I leave the house. haha.

    ReplyDelete